Total Loss

Mom's '86 Camry. Got rear ended last Thursday. Not bad, but it bent the bumper up, put a small crease in the 1/4 and bent the pan just a lttle bit.

If it had hit the bumper, like it was SUPPOSED to, it would require replacing a taillight assy for about $30. But the Honda submarined the bumper and did about $1500 damage.

Mom doesn't want to scrap the car, and since I know so many body shops we'll get it fixed.

ACV about $1400 (NADA says $2100...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Why do you think there would have been less damage if the Honda had not submarined the bumper? It seems to me if it hit hard enough to crease the quarter panel, a solid bumper on bumper hit would have resulted in the same amount of damage, or more. I'll bet the Honda suffered more....Am I right?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Hardly a scratch...

Bringing it to a Tech School to,orrow to see if they can pull it and pop the panel out when they do. From the looks of it, it seems when they pull the pan, everything SHOULD fall into place.

Reply to
Hachiroku