VW Bora 4-wheel alignment and chip

I've a 4 year old Volkswagen Bora V5 for which I want to investigate tuning. It's about performance and handling, rather than looks and ICE, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend 4-wheel alignment settings and uprated management chip (in the UK, please).

Just for clarification - does anyone know why some Bora V5s are 150bhp and others are 170bhp? Is this a misconception or are there really 2 engine specifications?

Cheers,

Reply to
Barney

Recommended settings are the manufacturers settings - your local VW dealer will probably be able to do a 4-wheel alignment check for sensible money.

Chipping a normally-aspirated car does approximately nothing, 99.9% of the time. There are better ways to spend your money if you want more power (like part-ex your car for one with more power - or at least for one with a Turbo engine, and then it's easier to raise power if need be).

There are 2 specs. Both engines are exactly the same size though - I dunno what the differences are between them. It may well be something very simple - ECU settings or a restrictor somewhere - to allow VW to sell the 170bhp version for more cash.

Is yours the 150 ? If so, you need to find out the differences, and make the necessary changes for a (hopefully) free 20bhp hike.

Reply to
Nom

Golf R32's chip straight to 250bhp or summet from 230bhp for no real driveability loss apparantly...

Reply to
DanTXD

I have heard that

do chips for V5 to increase 150 to

170. Costs £350 so one would assume they're not pulling the other one.

Anyone had any experience?

Reply to
Careful with that axe, Eugene