What a sad fuckup days for drivers. Bye Bye TVR.

Not really a british car anymore is it. Anyone fancy a Marcos or Bristol (don't mention Clarkson)

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Someone's got the facts wrong somewhere, the BBC story is completely different, wonder which is right?

Jack

The two articles aren't that different. Sky's is just a bit more 'sensationalist'.

Reply to
Halmyre

Sky's has been updated more in line with the BBC, possible not as bad as it first appeared to be.

Reply to
Jack

Don't know. Heard about 1/3rd the workforce this morning, then 1/2 of the 260 jobs. Then this afternoon, all 260 jobs, and closing production in the UK, but keeping a "presence".

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

C'mon guys, it simply hasn't worked properly for a long, long time.

A pity, sure... but... would you buy one?

Reply to
DervMan

Yup, they were the last of the great car makers to expect you to get your hands dirty owning one.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I think that became their downfall. City types don't want to get their hands dirty.

As if to emphasise the point, on my way to the Honda dealership this morning I saw a city type in a pinstriped suit standing behind his broken down yellow Cerbera.

Reply to
DervMan

Guess they sold to the wrong kind of owner in the end then. There are lots of city types who love to get their hands dirty with their cars. Just not when they are late for a board meeting or deal that will send their bonuses into the stratosphere, and wearing Armani's finest.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

In a flash. Sagaris or T350.

Reply to
DanTXD

That is the problem with most British cars. You can't choose when they break down. I had a jag that used to regularly leave me at the side of the road with no warning whatsoever.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

An old Wedgie SEAC 450 V8 for me Please. One with the thin bendy composite panels, the crackable heavy GRP ones.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

We're going back a bit, are we? ;-)

I've got an SD1 and despite not being the most reliable car in the world ;-) has only broken down once. And when it was lent to a pal. The waterpump seized solid and despite it being common to Range Rover and others the RAC decided to transport it and passengers back from Cornwall rather than fix it. I got a new one easily locally and it took all of half an hour to fit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A 1995 Land Rover Discovery I was driving on Saturday, broke down going up a hill.

I walked several miles in the pissing rain. I've never been a fan of that car.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It's easy to say that you'd do something when you're not pissing away an actual forty grand in cash of your own money...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I imagine if I had £40k to spend on a car, then it wouldn't really matter :)

Reply to
DanTXD