What's the fastest Tractor?

Wouldn't that depend on what's inside them?

Reply to
Homer

Whilst at bruntingthorpe working testing bikes for Perf Bikes Mag in about

97 I had just dyno tested a bunch of V twin cruisers. Ove was a hardley davidson 1340 thing. Not exactly my sort of thing but I was amazed at how they managed to get so little out of 1340cc. Masses of noise and f*ck all power or torque.. About 1/4 of what I had expected. So I rolled it off the mobile dyno, jumped on and took off (!) down the straight at brunters.

I pulled away at what I thought was low revs carefully, it sounded and felt like it at least. Certainly no acceleration to speak of - gently. Then I opened the throttle to descover that that was it. I had pulled away at about 9/10ths of max revs... I genuinely though it was broken or something. And I have ridden more bikes than you can imagine while testing, working for race teams, etc. Nothing could be so short in usable rpm apart fron a diesel. It was so unbelievably gutless and slow.

All that talk of "huge low rev torque" and stuff was utter bollocks. It couldnt pull a 14 year old out of a bus que. Any 125 or honda 90 had more roll on performance. And you could actually roll it on without instantly running out of revs too. The "throttle" as such has little effect on those things other than as a very effective volume control - certainly the volume increases about 8x compared to any forward progress that may be happening.

It has little to no bearing on progress down the road. Suzukis 1400 intruder was marginally better but still kak.

Reply to
Burgerman

Apparently fast traks will trak faster if you derestrict them...

Reply to
Doki

Tell that to the goatee sporting accountants that ride them and they wont have it, then most of them have no direct comparison.

Reply to
Geoff