Wheel Poll?

Yeah, I'm strangely drawn to those.. despite being quite complex (ref. Nom ;-) they seem to quite successfully merge classy (ref. Lordy) with sexy. I've kind of narrowed it down to 4 styles now, so gonna get some bigger images of the wheels and picture the detail against my actual car (given it's flame red and not burgundy).

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

nice spokes but not so keen on the rivet detail.. looks a bit tacky somehow

Reply to
Bigus

"Bigus" wrote

Yeah, forgot to mention the ones on the 600 I saw yesterday didn't have the split rim effect. I remember laughing at a Max Power article in which the all knowledgeable tome declared that "split rims are for vagina decliners"

Anyway the spokes are very similar to the TSW I pointed out, but there are no rivets. If I see the car again with driver, I'll ask about them.

Reply to
fishman

one problem you may find is that by filling the arches you may lose the handling but by putting dinky rims on they are going to look a bit poo

Reply to
dojj

they'll be the same size as I've got on currently

err that depends :)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Btw, thanks for all the input and the 20 ppl who did the poll :-)

Here's the final results, for the record:

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

not bad, but they just don't look right they don't look wrong, but they don't look right either

go and try several rims on for size then :)

Reply to
dojj

they got points? how?

Reply to
dojj

20 ppl voted between 1 & 10 points for each wheel and those are the cumulative totals

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Agreed.

I thought you sold them to Lordy ?

If I were buying for my TI again now, I'd be buying 18" rims. The 17" weren't quite big enough, (only 1" bigger than standard). At the price though, I couldn't turn em down.

Reply to
Nom

that was the previous set

Hmmm.. 18 would mean 215/40 tyres presumably.. which means more road noise and less acceleration

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

arse! if I a known I would have :( still, seems like the majority verdict is probably the best one of the lot, so communism does work :)

Reply to
dojj

Yes, but they look much better ! And seeing as the looks are the whole reason for the wheel-swap, I'm thinking they should rank pretty high up your priorities list :)

Reply to
Nom