02 4.6 SOHC surging

My 02 GT seems to lack power between 3900 and 4200 RPMs. Kind of hard to describe, but I'll take a shot at it. When reving through any gear at this RPM, the accelleration seems to slow down signficantly until its past this range. It's not terrible, but it was enough that I notice it everytime I get on the throttle through that range.

Is this typical operation, or should it be smooth power through that range? I wouldn't think its normal, but I've seen Ford do some pretty crappy retarding for transmission shifting purposes.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

Anybody?

Its not hesitating. It's more like a dead spot in the rpm range.

Marcus