06 auto trans question

Lately I think I have noticed something a little different in the behaviour of the 5 speed auto transmission in my 06 Mustang. (21,000 miles)

If I slow down at city speeds for a corner, roundabout or a yield etc. and then apply the gas to accelerate moderately again, the engine rev's as if it was a manual in neutral momentarily and then the transmission catches and kicks in. The effect is slightly abrupt and definitely undesirable.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Reply to
Bill & Gail

hmmm... fluid level? Of course there is no dipstick so you can't easily check it... but what you describe doesn't sound right... Maybe have the dealership check the level? Now I did find that my tranny liked fresh fluid about every 20,000 miles or so... of course those

20,000 miles were pretty abusive... LOL
Reply to
John S.

Thanks John.