'06 Stang Prices - Any Hope?

I've owned 28 cars, but only 5 brand spanking new.........which I always ordered during the last week of the year.....and always thought the dealers/salesmen were a little hurgrier then.

so......time to get the 'Stang ordered (goin' for a GT convert).

Has anyone gotten any kind of a deal on one yet? Any hope that they'll honor X Plan? Or should I plan on bending over?

Reply to
I'm xxxchangeit

To early to know 100%, but I think if you do place an order you'll pay MSRP. I doubt the X-Plan will be available this year.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Some people on The Mustang Source forums have stated they were able to order a GT at X-Plan.

Reply to
ModernMiko

Interesting, at this time in my area (fully qualified statement) there is not a single dealer in the area (been to them all) that are willing to honor any plans on Mustang GT's (not to be confused with GT's) or offer any type of discount what so ever. The absolute best I was able to do was MSRP as opposed to that infamous "Market Adjustment" price that many carry on the cars they have on the lots. Any GT's that do show up on dealers lots stay for a very, very short period of time, especially those of the ragtop variety.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Crossroads Ford in Cary, NC

was advertising invoice pricing on Mustnags - even GTs and convertibles. Might be worth a call if it is not to far for you. Ask for Tom Smith (Sales Manager - really). I've never bought a car from them (I hate the commercials), but a guy at work claims they are easy to work with. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

tried to do business with local dealers - wouldn't budge an inch.

called the nearest mega-dealer......60 miles away...and got no argument whatsoever: retail sticker $33825 (incl trans, +tax, etc)....."invoice" $31145.......X plan $31223. btw, A/Z plan would be $30042.....so assume the dealer is still making $1103 plus holdback and who knows what else....not bad for 25 minutes work, so everyone is happy.......and I'll have fun driving past my local dealer with the out-of-town dealer's license plate frame.

btw: was told that they are not currently building converts......anticipated delivery late Feb or early March.......hope it's an early Spring!

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

i did that with m f-150. the local guys keep giving me the run around. so that weekend whent up to lexington ky got my f-150 and the deal i wanted. about 4 weeks later at wal-mart the sales guy seen me in the parking lot. and when passed him i the store he said nice truck! i bet he walked by to see what dealers sticker that was on it. :) mp

Reply to
Michael price

I didn't try around here (mid-atlantic) due to wanting the V6 Pony Package but a decent amount say they ordered a Mustang GT (goodness knows I wouldn;t confude it with a GT - hate that car). Some sales guys on there order for people on the forums but I don't recall if they do x-plan. I was able to get my V6 PP for 500 above invoice.

Reply to
ModernMiko

Town and Country Ford, Charlotte, NC ordered a 2006 GT Convertible for me at X Plan. I ordered early August and just received it last week... 4 months. No other dealer in the Charlotte area (including Monroe, Huntersville, Mooresville, Statesville, Salisbury and Rock Hill/Fort Mill SC) would order at X Plan. There was one guy in Hickory that would, but then I found T&C.

Reply to
Larry

I did a little better on the 06 PP V6 which I custom ordered and got for invoice. The key was to go to a small-town dealer that was at least an hour away from a major city. With the lower volumes these guys are dealing in coupled with end-of-month and end-of-year quotas, they are a lot more compliant that their big city counterparts. Of course it also helps to walk in with a folder full of research data from the internet.

It's a little bit of a drive for the buyer, but those smaller dealers really want/need the business.

Reply to
drsmith

I have been dealing with the same dealership for about 15 years, walked in last year in March 2004, (after coming back from the Detroit Auto Show) told the owner I wanted to order a new Mustang, he said, "Sure, when" I told him now, he almost crapped his pants, couldnt even get the pricing guides until August 2004. At any rate, to make a long story short, bought my 2005 Stang GT for 250 over his invoice (yeah right) LOL At any rate, got a good deal, and I had the first 2005 Mustang in town. I might point out that a couple of years before that, my wife wanted a new Explorer, went into that same dealership, she got the runaround from the sales force. I told them if they didn't deal, I'd go elsewhere, They didn't deal, I went across town, bought her new Eddy Bauer Explorer, and the first stop was at my original dealer, parked in front, went inside, got the owner, took him outside to see my new car. He fired the sales manager that afternoon. Sometimes it pays to be bold, don't wait for the sales guy to see you in WalMart, next time, take your new truck to his boss, I bet he won't be so "greedy" next time :))

Reply to
nobody