18x10 wheels on an 87gt?

would anyone happen to know if an 18x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire clear all around? thanks

Reply to
sanantoniostang87

Whaddya know, the world *has* gone to Hell in a handbasket.

Reply to
CobraJet

The 200 GT wheels on my '89 LX barely fit in the front. I doubt they will work without hacking up the wheel wells and may not work at all.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Easy enough to find out with a little extra time on your hands. I've seen a couple of sites with specs on making a template contraption to bolt to your rotors so you can take measurements for wheel size and back spacing.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

hey bro the largest you can put in your 87gt is a 18"x 9" , even with this size of a wheel you may have to have lip on your rear fender flares rolled. I have 18" x 8.5" 98 Saleen wheels on my fox body mustang and they fit perfect with Nitto tires 275/40 rear . It is all about the offset.

Reply to
Clark Kent

With zero changes or mods 17x9 is the largest. Any taller and the well will rub on humps and hard turns, any wider and they won't clear the quad shocks. 18" doesn't look good on a Fox anyway, it gets ghetto, stay with 16 or 17 inch and lower it buy an inch or so. The ride won't suffer as mauch and the handling will be far better.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Stock Cobra R rims equal Hell in your world??

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

If they're 18's, then I guess so. I'm not a fan of rubber band tires and "Ferris" wheels, no matter who makes them.

Reply to
CobraJet

Windsorfox, I beg the differ. 18" wheels look good on fox bodies. It is all about the style of the wheel of course. I would like to e-mail you a picture of my fox with 98-Saleen 18" and ask for your opinion, but only after you have seen the picture.

Reply to
Clark Kent

shit I wasnt trying to post jpegs to a non binary group, this message was meant to be e-mailed to Windsorfox, please forgive me for this mistake.

Sorry all, my mistake

Reply to
Clark Kent