1969 Rear Spoiler

Can anyone tell me where to find a template or give me the measurements (location) of the holes for the rear spoiler on a 1969 Mustang Mach 1?

Thanks Mel

Reply to
driftin_drifter

I don't know that there's a template or measurements. All the cars I've ever seen with the spoiler on the '69-'70 sportsroof put the mounts as far down the trunklid as possible and still have it sit flat against it. Just before it starts to curve back up into the whale tail. You can see mine here. It's a '69 also with an aftermarket rear spoiler.

I could've put the spoiler even lower on the trunklid, but the bodyshop drilled the holes a bit too high and I was stuck with it. It was low enough for it to look correct so I didn't make them redo it. It was only off by about an inch. I've seen some morons drill the holes at the TOP of the decklid and then leave it there. It looks like CRAP!!! I checked out a '69 Mach I and a '70 Boss 302 and the factory pedestals are not in any EXACT place that I could tell, other than they were as low as possible while keeping the pedestals flat against the deck.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Reply to
walt peifer

Thanks for the info.

The original deck lid was damaged several years ago. A replacement deck lid was drilled too low and the pedestals did not seat properly so the trunk filled with water every time it rained until it rusted out... Now when it rains the water runs straight through to the ground below--no problem

I have replaced the trunk sheetmetal and deck lid. I d>

Reply to
driftin_drifter

FYI: Check out the pics @

and/or the link below for the approximate location of the rear deck spoiler. The obvious primary requirement is insuring that the mount bracket foot is flush with the top of the trunk lid.

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

Not sure who wrote the above, but you are correct. My friends '70 Boss 302 has a metal brace between the bolts. He was of the opinion that ALL '70 Boss

302's had this bracing. Dunno about the '69's, but I trust his opinion on the '70's. I don't remember the underside on the '69 Mach I.
Reply to
66 6F HCS