1969 seats in a 1965 coupe?

Hi all,

I need to replace my driver's seat as the frame is gone and have a line on a pair of 69 buckets with headrests which would be preferable to the low-back buckets the 65s came with. I seem to recall that they are interchangeable, the seat platforms being the same for 1965 thru to

1970 - correct? Can someone confirm?

Thanks.

Reply to
notmenoway

Yes. And if you want to even go up into year 2000+, you can. You might have to take the tracks off the originals in some cases and put them on the replacement seats.

Reply to
Spike

Hi,

Are you sure about that? Haven't heard of anyone using much newer Mustang seats in a '65.

I guess if you're putting old tracks on newer seats the studs on the old tracks would like up. But what are you screwing/bolting the tracks onto on the new seats?

Has anyone here actually done this - and seats from what later model year?

Thanks.

Reply to
notmenoway

Excellent article by Stephanie on her swap with photos....

I've had contact with other owners who have used seats form a wide range of years 1995 in a 66 Cpe, 2000, in a 65 FB. Plus the Recarro, FloFit, ProCar etc lines of seats. A company in SoCal turns out some excellent custom tailored seats for around $1500 pr. Advertised in back of Mustang Monthly. The former president of the local Mustang Club used a really nice pair out of a late model Toyota Celica in his

65 FB.

Lots of used seats show up on eBay.... search auto parts, Ford Mustang Seats. Lots of Auto Dismantlers nationwide. You may have to re-upholster. Upholstry kits available up through 2004 the last time I checked via PJ Pony Parts catalog.

And for other How Tos, and Tech stuff, one of my favorite sources is here

scroll down the left hand window and select a category, thenscroll down the right hand window when it loads. LOTS of good stuff.Sources, Techie, How To, etc etc etc. How's that for useable info? :0)

Reply to
Spike

as above he beat me to it. yes seats up through 04 actually fit. tracks need to be changed is it. 65-68 used the same tracks, 69-70 tracks are the same size except the spacers that lift the track out of the carpet fibers are built in on 69-70 separate spacer on 64-68 . after 70 seat frames have same bolt spacing but the tracks are slightly different some are angled some are taller on one side or the other.

Reply to
walt peifer