1970 BOSS 429 shaker hood

Hey group,

Does anyone know if the 1970 BOSS 429 Mustang was ever released with a shaker hood that was OT flat black? Example (diecast) here:

Thx,

Randy

98 Canary Yellow Cobra Coupe
Reply to
CLLCTR5

Ram Air yes, an actual shaker hood, no.............

Bill S.

CLLCTR5 wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

check this page out...!!! i put this mod on my stang and liked it so much i bought the company

Reply to
<rgford

All Boss 429 Mustangs (Street) had the type example shown.Someone else need explain the color scheme as either body color or black. Not of a shaker type (as Boss 302, Cobra Jet, etc..) but a functional scoop with a manually operated flapper door. J B

70 Boss 302 67 GT350
Reply to
Jos. Burke

And yes they were black in 1970, 1969 they were the color of the car and the paint didn't stick to the plastic or whatever they were made of and it peeled off, the fix was to paint the scoop black.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Old news, and WTF does that have to do with a 1970 Boss hood scoop??

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Not all of the 70 BOSS 429 scoops came from the factory painted black in color.

Bill S.

Reply to
Bill S.

Yeah I'm guessing they started changing somewhere along the end of 69 / begaining of 70, sort of like there were a few 88's that escaped with T tops.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]