Winterforce Tires

All -

I am looking into buying some good winter tires. I found an ebay aution that selling Firestone Winterfires, these tires seemed to get pretty good comments by Mustang owners. However, I believe these tires are now sold under the brandname Winterforce... I was wondering the following:

- Has any of you ever used these tires?? What was you opinions on these?

- What is the disadvantage of a studdable tire?

thanks! Brian

Reply to
Brian Ober

Based on the Firestone tires I have owned, I personally don't even consider the brand anymore. (Firehawk SVX were the last set of Firestones I will ever own, they came from the factory on my '96 GT. The only good thing about them is they didn't last very long.) Ironicly, the reviews shown first for winterfire tires are from states here studded tires are banned.

This appears different than the Winterforce tire.

They are illegal in some states. What state are you in?

Morgan Bullard

Well, unless you are driving on packed snow, a studded tire provides less tractions than a good snow tire.

Reply to
Jim S.

Crap! I live in IL...

Brian Ober

I have gotten thru a winter on 245/50-16 Pirrelli P7000 SS tires on a 96 GT here in the Chicagoland area, so it can be done. Even normal snow tires should be fine. Also, the other disadvantage of a studded tire is their preformance on dry pavement.

they didn't

Reply to
Morgan Bullard