1973 Mustang - 351C Surging problem

My '73 fastback just had a tuneup & oil change at the local shop, including new distributor, wires & points.

She runs fine at low speeds, but now at highway speeds (50-60mph, 3K rpm) the engine surges somewhat.

Seems to me like a carb problem (float maybe), but she ran OK before and I don't think they messed with the carb. Any ideas?

Reply to
xzoozx

For what it is worth, I am experiencing a surge around 1500 RPM in fifth around town on my '85 GT. After adjusting timing both retard and advance, I am now suspecting a lean condition and will try rejetting the primary side of my Holley 650 cfm carb.

Any possibility that is your problem too?

Reply to
Carfan