1991 Mustang GT

Wife said car(and I verified) that she lost speed control, got a check engine light, and the transmission doesn't want to respond correctly (ex. slow to engage when accelerating after having slowed down for an off ramp, or speeding up to pass).

First engine scan gave the following errors:

KOEO Codes-

23 Throttle Position Sensor is out of range Memory Codes- 31 EGR valve position or exhaust pressure transducer sensor voltage low 63 Throttle Position Sensor voltage too low or grounded KOER Codes- 12 Cannot control RPM during self check or Idle Speed Control Problem 23 Throttle Position Sensor is out of range

Cleared codes, unplugged TPS and scanned a second time and got these errors:

KOEO Codes-

98 Electronic Pressure Control driver failure in control module (or hard fault) 63 Throttle Position Sensor voltage too low or grounded Memory Codes- 11 System Pass KOER Codes- 12 Cannot control RPM during self check or Idle Speed Control Problem 23 Throttle Position Sensor is out of range

It's having issues obviously, but it's the Memory code 11 that throws me. That seems to signify that the electronics are fine but the 98 seems to mean everything is screwed. This car has some age on it but was kept (I though well) by the previous family member. Could the TPS, EGR and Speed Control all be bad at the same time? Or am I looking at a bad ECU supplying bad voltage to the sensors? I thought I was looking at replacing an ECU at first. All the parts put together aren't too much to replace, but I'd prefer a simple fix. Yes, it passed a wiggle test.

Reply to
William Everette via CarKB.com

Well, the first thing i'd do is borrow or buy a dvm and confirm 5 v and grd at the TPS and that the sense wire varied.

If you've had the car a while and never changed the TPS, it's probably due anyway.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

lmfao replacing a good part lmfao yup good advice just through parts at it

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

Do you have any better advice, or are you just going to keep trolling?

Put up or shut up, you probably don't know the first thing about fixing his problem. Master Ford tech my ass.

Reply to
Andrew

poor andy i see you throw parts at cars without diagnosing

typical yankee tech get some certification

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

Reply to
razz

What's sadder (for hurc) is that he probably is some 45 year-old with a kid in college. lmfao

"razz" wrote in news:XkS5e.4598$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.mts.net:

Reply to
Hampton

lmfao a mustang owner telling a canadian ford master tech he knows shit

lmfao thats funny

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

nice grammer whats a"sadder"?????

bwhahahahaha

tard

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

WTF are you talking about, first I'm not a mechanic by trade. Second, there is nothing wrong with my car. When there is I have a 7 year warranty so i don't have to "get some certification". All that aside, I still bet I know more about the internals of my vehicles than you ever will.

Reply to
Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

hurricane 575 @ihotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Again, you scribble something down and show your stupidity.

It's an adjective to describe the grief and unhappiness your family would feel if they saw all the tripe you spew.

Reply to
Hampton

lmfao a yankee WANNABEEEE really let me ask ya a question about your car when it left the factory was the suspension tuned to and WHY ?? oversteer understeer neuteral steer

come on pick one

lmfao U GO GIRL

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

As cheap as they are. I replaced the TPS and EVP. EVP code changed from 31 to 34 (voltage too high, it was reading too low). I cleaned the EGR and got it moving smoothly enough that vacuum will move it. Cleaned IAC but still getting code 12. TPS showing good voltage and variation. Still getting code

63 for TPS. No more code 98. Still looking like either it all needs replaced, or the ECU is acting odd. got 12.5 volts at IAC. Is there any way for me to test the IAC? AFAIK, this TPS is non-adjustable. It's putting out the highest voltage at idle. And reduces as I increase throttle. Is this correct?
Reply to
William Everette via CarKB.com

There you go, you are an alignment guy.

You probably work at Sears making $7.00/hr to change oil. I'll bet you are one of those that forgets to put it back in too.

Sorry, I won't fall into your little troll trap. Put up or shut up.

Reply to
Andrew

Replaced the IAC. Code 12 is gone. Next.

Reply to
William Everette via CarKB.com

This is the current scan info.

O,R,C code 34 - EGR Voltage High or sensor fault

C code 63 - TPS voltage too low or grounded

Reply to
William Everette via CarKB.com

lmfao thats what i thought u dont know

lmfao canadian techs are certified in all areas wheres the asyson wire located on your car?

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

It's the audio system on wire that connects to my stereo and activates the remote control modules when I hit the power button. The other end of the wire connects to the rear control panel.

Game over bubba.

Reply to
Andrew

lmfao again u failed year one apprentice Test i asked where it was LOCATED tard a real tech learns to READ so where is it LOCATED typical yankee no wonder canada designs USAs miltary high tech weapons bwhahahaha bin laden RULES

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575