1994 Mustang starting trouble

I have a 1994 Mustang and it's sometimes hard to start. There seems to be no power but when I take it out of park and put it back in again suddenly everything seems ok. I think it's some switch that stops you from starting the car in gear. My questions is what is this switch called and can it be accessed by taking out the center console or is it something in the transmission?

Thanks!

Reply to
clunky