2003 Mustang V6 Opinions

Hi, i am looking at a very nice 2003 Mustang with 20k, and V6 auto. For

12,950.00 What do you think of this car? Thanks
Reply to
randy1128

I rented a 2002 Mustang with the same drive line. The engine was OK. Decent fuel mileage, fun to drive, not a lot of power. It did seem to idle a little rougher than I expected, though. But the auto trans sucked. It seemed to be constantly hunting, and the shifts were rough. I was not impressed at all. I was considering that engine/trans package for my '66 Mustang, but after driving the rental for a while, I decided against it. Now, if the V6 had a 5 speed stick, I bet it would be a much better driver.

Reply to
boB

We have a 2000 convertible with that engine/tranny combination, and it is a lot of fun to drive.

Even without the V8, a Mustang will really get up and move. You just have to wind it out a bit more!

;-)

Reply to
Jay Honeck

I've had a 99 V6 5sp MANUAL since new. Love it. Good bang for the buck....I don't "drag race" or anything, but the car is a lot of fun to drive, plus the V6 is easier on your $$$$ insurance wise. Mine is a weekend driver, I don't need to drive it during the week since I have a company car, so it's low mileage too :) Got it March 99, and now it only has 32K on it :) Should make a decent trade in next spring when I trade it for a

2005, which will also be a V6 Manual tranny
Reply to
Name withheld by request

I have an 03 with a tad over 5K miles on it. V6, 5 speed. You can have it for $13,000.

Al

Reply to
Big Al