2005 GT Rear View Mirror Removal---any ideas before I start?

Replacing my old (no auto dimmiming) one with a AutoDimming with Compass/Temp model this week and like to know if this has been done by any 2005 GT Owners with success. I had a good friend crack his windshield and don't want to do thae same mistake. I seached the web but no directions are specific to Ford Mustangs (ep 2005 models). Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Nylon Lover

If it's like all the other mirrors you would just leave the metal tab that's glued on the windshield in place and just slide the mount off it. Then slide the new on onto it. The trick is figuring out how to get the darn thing to slide off.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

They used to have a very small set screw.... you would use an allen wrench to do it.

The OTHER thing to do would be to CALL A GLASS SHOP they will know exactly what to do.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

My Chevies have that but my fords have some internal spring. By the time I get them off I've messed the spring up.. Then I drill and tap a hole and put a screw in like the chevies.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher