2005 mustang

get on the list now Call Wayne FinishLine Ford Statesville, NC

704-873-FORD or email w_reavis (at) hotmail.com

Well the V6 pricing and options are now on Edmunds.com so it must be coming out soon ? Nothing on Edmunds however on the GT so the cylinder head problem must be causing a big delay ?? Anybody got an update on that issue ?

Reply to
Neoisthe1

Lol I was thinking along the same lines. I don't buy the cylinder head problems one bit, I think its to many leftover '04's to get rid of first.

-Nick

Reply to
Nicholas D

The Cnbc channel show Sqauwk Box is going to show the new Mustang today how is on from 7 to 10 AM

Reply to
joseph cugnini

The article below is presented how it was originally published.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sources at one of Ford's engine plants told BlueOvalNews that Ford Motor Company has instructed assembly plants to stop shipping certain 2005 model year vehicles because they can contain defective 4.6L or 5.4L engines. BlueOvalNews was first altered to the problem after we received a news tip at the end of August. The products that can contain the defective engines include the 2005 Ford Mustang GT, 2005 F-Series, 2005 F-Series Super Duty, Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator. Ford has instructed the assembly plants to stop shipping vehicles until they are screened to see if they contain the defective engines. It is not known if any products were shipped to consumers before the problem was noticed.

The 2005 model year 4.6L and 5.4L engines in question were built with defective cylinder heads. According to sources, the defective cylinder heads will have an adverse effect on performance and will cause the engine to fail to meet Ford's specifications. .

It's not immediately clear if Ford will replace the entire engine at the assembly plant or just replace the defective cylinder heads and approve the vehicle for shipment to customers.

A Team Mustang source told BlueOvalNews that a stop shipment order means that Ford won't ship GT Mustangs to dealers, but it doesn't mean that Ford will stop building Mustangs - they can still build V6 powered models until problems with the 4.6L engines are corrected. Further, even though Ford officially launched JOB1 of the Mustang today, shipments don't occur immediately. "Somewhere within two weeks after Job #1 we have an OK to ship meeting where all the upper management on the program proclaim the vehicle is OK to ship. . . .launching a new vehicle in a new plant can have its issues. That's just part of what a launch is all about."

Reply to
Mr. Ford

It's the Cobra fiasco all over again, eh?

"Mr. Ford" wrote in news:XZl6d.50378$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

Reply to
Joe

You just got on mine.