Ugly headlights and new Vette

I can't stand those Japanese headlights, you know, the ones with the little beady halfsphere lens in front of the illuminating element. They (IMO) ruin the look of the car. I hope they don't adopt this style to the Mustang.

Reply to
Richard

How are they Japanese? Visteon of Dearborn, MI makes them.

Here is what they say:

"Precision also is important to owners of the new Corvette, and its new lighting system is a perfect addition to the car's already excellent engineering. The HID Projector system produces less glare than HID reflector systems thanks to a mechanical shield that provides a sharp cut-off of light above the horizon. Oncoming drivers will admire the car's unique sleek and narrow headlamp design without experiencing the glare common to some lighting systems. The system's high beam system also uses the low beam to shine more light on the road."

Jim S. '82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

Visteon?? I thought they made stereo equipment?

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Visteon was spun off from Ford in 2000. They make all sorts of automotive products from driveline systems, electronics and architectural glass.

Reply to
Jim S.

Reply to
burdenk

OMG! I have not looked at Vettes in a few years.

That is soooooooo beautiful. My hear skipped a beat when I saw it (on the chevy website)

THAT would make me go back to Bowties in a Heartbeat.

must go look some more..... check budget, trade in value on old ford.. drool, slobber.

damn...

Kate

| > Visteon was spun off from Ford in 2000. They make all sorts of automotive | > products from driveline systems, electronics and architectural glass. | >

| > > Visteon?? I thought they made stereo equipment? | > > -- | > > Scott W. | > > '66 Mustang HCS 289 | > > '68 Ranchero 500 302 | > > '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W | > > '97 Cougar 30th Anniv SE 4.6L | > > ThunderSnake #57 | > >

SVTKate

Hey.... who said it's "either/or"?

look at the history on here... we mustang owners also have an affinity for the Buick GN / Regal and always for the Corvette.

My brother just bought a cherry 81 vette and it was sweet to drive... but guess what...It took it over the same back roads I used when I first let the reins go on my SVO and I would say it handles no better

There's no Competition there.. different classes.

And WE are generally ADULTS!

SVTKate opined in news:qTU4d.1332$% snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

but, but, but... I'm POOR! damn that's a nice looking automobile! and 400 horses under the hood from the factory.

now WHY couldn't Ford do that for us in a Mustang, purty and fast...

*sigh*

Kate

| > That is soooooooo beautiful. | > My hear skipped a beat when I saw it (on the chevy website) | >

| > THAT would make me go back to Bowties in a Heartbeat. | >

| > must go look some more..... check budget, trade in value on old ford.. | > drool, slobber. | >

| > damn... | >

| > Kate | >

| | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah, God forbid that the Mustang should get some decent headlights for once.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

"SVTKate" wrote in news:MuX4d.231$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

I thought you didn't like the 'Vettes...

Uh, yeah..

That was all gone over in here before. In short, Ford usually comes up with too little too late.

Joe

| > but, but, but... I'm POOR! | > damn that's a nice looking automobile! | | I thought you didn't like the 'Vettes...

I didn't, till I saw this one!

| | > and 400 horses under the hood from the factory. | | Uh, yeah..

Uh huh.

| | > now WHY couldn't Ford do that for us in a Mustang, purty and fast... | >

| > *sigh* | >

| > Kate | | That was all gone over in here before. In short, Ford usually comes | up with too little too late.

Well, if I had $58k to throw at a car, that would be the one. Damn that's a beautiful car.

Reply to
SVTKate

IMO it's much better than hanging all that heavy, clunky, flip-up headlight junk over the nose of the car.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Kate,

That's why Ford's building the '06 Cobra with substantially more horsepower than the current Cobra's 390 ponies.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

But.. but.. but... the Vette is SO PRETTY and the new Mustang has a face only a mother could love.

Maybe I'll get used to the 05 Stang, maybe it was just the color of the one I saw that made it look bad, maybe it will grow on me. But the Vette is... sooooooo pretty!

*sigh* and equipped as I would like it, only $62,000.00

I bought a lottery ticket tonight.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I agree completely! Those popup headlamps alwayd get fubar too. The new lamps MAKE the front of the car. IMHO of course

SVTKate

That's functionality, I'm talking about looks. It's bad enough the Vette looks oddly like the current Viper, but the headlights are the pits.

Reply to
Richard

Oh dear! How DID we get along all those years without halogens, daytime running lights and spherical lenses!!!!

Reply to
Richard

Form follows function.

Reply to
Jim S.

Some people didn't, they got in accidents and died.

Reply to
Jim S.

Probably the same way we suffered when we didn't have overdrive transmissions, 4-wheel disc brakes and fuel injection.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick