2005 mustang question

Hi

Does anyone know the rules on titling vehicles? A rental company was supposed to take 25 new mustangs, and backed out at the last minute. The vehicles were already titled to the rental company. A Ford Dealership in my city picked up the vehicles (Town and Country Ford, Evansville, IN) Since they were already titled, can they legally be sold as new? There are still about 7 or 8 GT's left, and several v6 models. A co-worker of mine picked up one today (black GT - very sharp), that is how I know about the cars. They have 0 miles on them, it just seemed to me that they should have to take something off of the price.

Reply to
croaker68

  1. If a title has been issued for a vehicle then it is used. That's the law in my state, and I suspect it is true for all 50.
  2. I am suspicious about the dealer's claim that a rental agency ordered a mix of 1/3 GTs and 2/3 V6s. Most large agencies that rent Mustangs only rent V6s; smaller ones are unlikely to order 25 at a time from a single dealer. Sounds like the dealer is blowing smoke. {I know -- hard to imagine that a car dealer would lie, eh?}
  3. Anybody can sell anything, new or used, for whatever the buyer will pay. There is no requirement to sell a used car for less than its original new price.
Reply to
Bob Willard

If the cars have 0 miles on 'em... that's new enough to me!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset