Mustang Sales, Specialty Models

I guess it's both bad and good news...

Joe

Yeah, I think it is good and bad news. It will keep pressure on Ford to keep improving the car. I wonder if the sky high prices of the GT500 is putting some people off? I know that it is the case with me. IMO, Ford needs a reasonably priced intermediate model between the GT and GT500. Plus, with the threat of a new Challenger and Camaro coming to market soon, maybe some buyers are waiting to have more than one choice. The Charger may have taken away some buyers.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

they screw up the new mustangs with the digital throttle, and resultant Bog, shift problems, and also the drone from the muffler.

Reply to
Nomen Lapetos

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:26:12 -0500, Michael Johnson wrote something wonderfully witty:

At the current predicated release dates it will be time for me to get my next new ride. At this time if the Challenger even comes close to being what it is supposed to be I'll be in line with cash in my hand & a pink slip in my wallet. I doubt that there is anything that Ford could do at this time to change my mind. Now the Challenger could miss the mark, but some how I doubt it. Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be aisles in a convenience store; not a Government agency!

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Ok... I now you shouldn't HAVE to spend extra money on a brand new car... BUT... a $400 aftermarket tuner, like an SCT X-Cal2 from one of the better shops, will VASTLY IMPROVE throttle lag and shift problems... And for a few more dollars i'm thinking putting a couple of resonators in would help your drone problem.... Like I said, perhaps you shouldn't have to pay to "fix" these things but they certainly aren't insurmountable...

Reply to
John S.

what/where you put a resonator in, never heard of one.?

Reply to
Nomen Lapetos

Plus, the 3-valve motors in the Mustang respond very well to tweaking the program. I seen people report 20-30 rwhp more from just a custom tune. Not a bad return for a $300-$400 cost.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Well you know it will probably have at least a 400 hp N/A V-8 which is a very good start. If it looks anywhere close to the one I saw at the DC Auto Show last year it will be a home run for D-C. Plus, I can see the marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a Hemi Cuda will appear.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

How does one have a Plymouth Barracuda without a Plymouth?

Reply to
Brent P

Well you could start selling a DODGE Hemi Cuda. They were always the same thing anyway...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

That would be a challenger.

Brent P

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:52:23 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) puked:

Ever heard of a Plymouth Neon? I'll never forget seeing one parked right next to a Dodge Neon and doing a double take...

lab~rat >:-)

If I were D-C I would rebrand it a Dodge in a second. There's too much marketing power behind the name to ignore, IMO. Much more than the name Challenger. Would you really care if it were a Dodge or a Plymouth Hemi Cuda with 450+ hp? I sure wouldn't.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

The point was there is no Plymouth any more.

Reply to
Brent P

Marketing power will fall off with only part of the name. I don't think 'Ford Cougar' would work in grabing the power of the name.

If they wouldn't care if was called a plymouth they wouldn't care if was called a Cuda either. It could be the Dodge Coelacanth....

Brent P

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote in news:3KmdnbxNF6HV9G3YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

"'Cuda" means everything; Plymouth is simply not a factor.

Reply to
Joe

Probably close to what the marketeers thought about GTO over at GM.

Reply to
Brent P

It wasn't the name that killed the GTO it was the car they put it on. If D-C markets a Hemi Cuda worthy of the name it will sell regardless of whether it is a Dodge or Plymouth. Like Joe said, I don't remember hearing Plymouth Hemi Cuda much just Hemi Cuda.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

My point was it is a Chrysler, who really cares... :-)

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I disagree...

Reply to