2005 Stang

I am not how the rest of you feel, But I think the new stang is a good looking sports car. Allot of throw back features makes for a modern American pony car that look bad (good). I like the front end and the c pillars design, I will start dropping hints to the wife now so when they become available I might be able to get one and retire my 91.

Reply to
Joe

You may like it, but the variable cam timing will make this car one big bitch to modify.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

Someone will figure out a way around that... it'll just be more expensive. Remember when SEFI came out and everyone claimed it would be the end of the world?

JS

Reply to
JS

Not everyone buys a car to modify................there is such a thing as a collector. And there are purists.And of course the people that just want a looker.

But I do agree it will not be as easy to do HP mods on it as past models.

I figure for a car built on a Lincoln LS chassis it may prove difficult to much modification on alot of things.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

The popularity of the car will determine how many and how fast the after market parts begins to be produced. If the '05 Stang is a hot seller, you can bet your torque ratings that the performance parts will follow soon after.

Reply to
Ray Reynolds

Maybe at first, BUT when aftermarket cams are available they can be a lot more radical for high end power and still have a decent idle.. something thats impossible to do without variable cam timing.

LJH

95GT
Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

And it will be programable through an OBDII interface I'm sure.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Or CAN interface. OBDII is on it's way out. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

black box in the car to so when you go >faster then 90 mph, they can call the police.

I thought they already did that! I can't get a break out there on the interstate lately, with my Mach 1. Fortunately they seem to like the car enough to just give warnings...

Reply to
Mustang_66