Mustang To Become A "World Car"

2014 Ford Mustang to Become a "World Car", Lighter and Smaller with an IRS?

The 2014 Ford Mustang is set to become a "world car", which means that it will officially arrive in the UK and other parts of the world. The latest rumors claim that the next-generation 2014 Ford Mustang is set to become a Auto Express claims that the 50th anniversary of the Mustang, in 2014 will be very different from the current Mustang. The 2014 Mustang will be more European friendly with a right-hand driver version offered for the first time.

According to an insider design studios in Europe, Australia and America are currently working on the design of the 2014 model, which will be smaller and closer in spirit to the original 1964 Mustang. The

2014 Mustang is rumored to finally get a independent rear suspension. Auto Express claims that the Mustang will get a new 2.5L EcoBoost four- cylinder engine with around 300 horsepower, but other sources are reporting that it will be a 2.3L.

-----

The next generation is sure to be quite different from the recent, and current, offerings. I like smaller, and hopefully, lighter. The current solid axle is so good besides being able to say it will finally have IRS isn't a big deal to me. I hope the exterior design says/looks American and not Euro/Asian with pony badges affixed to it. As for a motor, I hope a V8 remains an option, though as much power/torque modern motors can make with multi valves, variable valve timing and direct injection a step back down to 4.-something [V8] liters won't hardly matter.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

the version for India has 2 cyclinders and uses audio and a speakers to produce a sound of a powerful engine. The new 2 cyclinder is direct injected and makes about 70 horsepower. The new Mustang was lightened up quite a lot to get better gas milage, the double wall steel is replace by single wall, and the entire car was scaled down in size by 20%

huhie

Big snip...

REALLY? Bwahahaha! Good one. Cool picture. Too bad it's not desktop/wallpaper sized.

Reply to
twk

.
70HP? If they can get this Indian Mustang under 700 lbs, I'd like to see less than 500, it could be a rockin' machine. ;-)

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

UPDATE on 5.0 Nano ...................

Tata Nano, $2,500 NEW and 30 HP. that is THIRTY ( 30 ) HorsePower, (the power of 3 lawnmowers)

They are now actively trying to fit a Mustang 5.0 engine into the car, which is possable, but all interior room is lost and all 4 tires go flat from the weight.

Reply to
huhie