2007 Shelby GT500 Mustang

Man, you've got it bad. : )

My latest daydream car is to get a '73-'75 Crapmaro (because they're cheap and emissions exempt in Cali), swap over the front and rear fascia from a '70-'72 Rally Sport (think split bumpers), and drop in a Gale Banks twin-turbo SBC:

This is a ready-to-run crate motor available in 640 to 1100 hp combos. Turbos are really the way to go with the coming gas crunch. But if you go screw-type, I vote for the powder coated case. I don't think polished would fit in with all those black tubes, wires, and plastic in the modern engine compartment.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Man, you've got it bad. : )

My latest daydream car is to get a '73-'75 Crapmaro (because they're cheap and emissions exempt in Cali), swap over the front and rear fascia from a '70-'72 Rally Sport (think split bumpers), and drop in a Gale Banks twin-turbo SBC:

This is a ready-to-run crate motor available in 640 to 1100 hp combos. Turbos are really the way to go with the coming gas crunch. But if you go screw-type, I vote for the powder coated case. I don't think polished would fit in with all those black tubes, wires, and plastic in the modern engine compartment.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Here's my link in working form:

It's worth the trouble; really a pretty engine.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

That's for the ejector seat, for when your significant other says "SLOW THE F' DOWN" for the 25th time.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

all i can say is... DAYUM!

=)

Reply to
Chris Shea
2 questions:

- are they building it in the convertible?

- will it be as tunable and upgradable as the 03/04's (i read the 05's-up utilize a drive-by-wire, variable cam setup, and that is not as condusive to upgrades)

chris

04 comp orange cobra vert

Reply to
Chris Shea

With the 5.4L blown Ford GT engine it will be a $25 pulley away from making 600+ rwhp.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Yes, a convertible is in the works. The nice thing is that the S197 chassis has been estimated to be about 30% stiffer than SN95 in coupe trim. Team Mustang has advertised that they tried diligently to provide that improvement with a topless configuration in mind. The torsional strength *has* to be less, but it will still be better than SN95 :).

condusive to

This isn't the 3v, VVT configuration :). This is a non-VVT 5.4 DOHC with a single EEC-V PCM and no fly-by-wire. The pulley looks different from the Eaton and Whipple so it may take a few weeks for the aftermarket guys to tool it out. After that, though, it's a pulley swap and tune away from big numbers :).

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

Well, maybe a $125 pulley.....

Reply to
WraithCobra

Only if you buy it from a Ford dealer's parts department. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Nice, but how much is this thing going to cost?

Also any news about performance #'s?

Thanks Musty

Reply to
Musty