Who Needs a Lightning? Buy a Sport Trac!

Ford news. And check out the link at the bottom to take a look at one mean Sport Trac!
Ford's headliner in New York is a high-performance version of the
Mustang. Engineered by Ford's Special Vehicle Team, the next-generation Mustang Cobra is expected to go on sale in 2006. In a nod to high-performance Mustangs of the 1960s, the 2007 model will carry the Shelby name. Ford also will display the Sport Trac Adrenalin concept in New York. Powered by a 390-hp, supercharged 4.6-liter V-8, it teases at a performance version that could be coming for Ford's next-generation Sport Trac. Ford has confirmed that the redesigned Sport Trac - slated to go on sale in 2006 after moving to an updated Ford Explorer platform - will get a V-8 engine.
Here's the link.
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId 2004
Patrick '93 Cobra
Here's a little more info and another pic.
http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/products/lane.sportadren.overview.htm
Patrick '93 Cobra
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

one
next-generation
in
at
slated
platform
That is hideous..
-Mike
-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch 255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

snipped-for-privacy@recorddeal.com wrote:

Mike,
I don't know... at first glance it looks kinda neat looking. And then when you find out there's a 390-horse motor under the hood, it looks damn good!
Patrick '93 Cobra

http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/products/lane.sportadren.overview.htm
at
the
concept
teases
next-generation
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in wrote:

the
carry
something wonderfully witty:

But none of them have handles on them. Look at the pics again close.
--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense

looks
close.
The handles are an extra-cost option.
Joe wrote:

Actually the lack of handles are the extra-cost option....
On 21 Mar 2005 09:39:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well look at this pic and tell me where the door handles are.

--

"Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
I must say, I kinda like it! Can't wait to see one in person, if it ever exists. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT
I like it.
--
Mark