302 ford small block

building a 67 fast back is there more then one place to put an oil sending unit

Reply to
fastback

Sure, it will fit in the trunk, the back seat or the glove box. What exactly are you trying to do?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Is your huge oil sender in the way of other accessories? A lot of Fords of this vintage had an extension to get the sender away from the block.

Reply to
Kruse

What's the problem? It may be a little bit of a pain to get to, being on the side of the block, but so what?

Reply to
vince garcia

Not really. That one hole there on the left front is the only easily accessible point. From the factory there's an extension piece that moves the sender out and angles it about 45* or so. It's hex shaped, and alum. Most any Mustang parts company will have them for about $10 or so. However, because it's alum, I don't like to use it. I've managed to break them. I use a short piece of pipe and a brass fitting to place it where I want it. I'll send you a picture. Once I used a hydraulic rubber hose with the proper fittings on each end. Then I used an Adel clamp and placed the sensor off one of the pan bolts. That turned out to be more trouble than it was worth. If you're going to use a remote oil filter, or an oil cooler, you can buy a fitting to place the sender in line.

Reply to
.boB