347 serious ? for serious stangers in the know

This groups been good to me. Good answers for good questions. Ive got a

69 351w that Ive done the top end on with edelbrock performer parts. Ive now got an 89 GT 5spd that im not intimate with engine wise. And I wanna get serious practicle power from. It would be a daily driver when the sun is shining. And Im inclined to stick with edelbrock on the top end for simplicity. If I were to get a coast high stroker kit and do modest edelbrock heads and intake and later a supercharger, would she hold up ok for daily driving and the occasional 300 mile road trip. Would she be dependable?

Thanks,

Details on my cars:

faust_151

Definitely, and you could actually make it run okay with the stock top end and an SC. Not a barnstormer by any means, but very user friendly. :)

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

Yes, the coast high engines are quite popular with the cobra kit crowd. They seem to make good power, and handle a lot of abuse. The trick for a good daily driver is the camshaft. Keep it reasonable and you'll be fine.

Reply to
.boB

Before I can give you a good answer you need to tell me how much horsepower you ultimately plan to make and what type of blower you might install.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I would put a blower on it from Keene Bell, Blowzilla and run about 8 pounds. Just take of the top manifold and drop this one in place. you can get 330 HP from that. no fussing with computer or anything. Car stays stock, need 93 octane down south. I have put on 40,000 on one.

Reply to
Tom