4:10 Rear in '98 V6?

Hi All,

I have a '98 V6, automatic, convertible--CAI and Dual flowmasters--considering dropping in a 4:10 rear--any suggestions/comments? No, I can't trade for a GT or Cobra :( What results can I expect to see if I change out the rear WRT performance, noise, gas mileage ect?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

BOB

Reply to
Bob Lewit

suggestions/comments?

I had a '99 V6 automatic and put a 3:73 gear with a positive traction upgrade. Afterwards, I wished I had gone a little lower on the gear ratio. The modification made the car feel peppier.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

I do not remember if this relates to 94-98's or 99-04's or both...but a 4:10 gear requires a new chip or else the top speed is limited to only 75 mph or so, as far as I have read. So you definitely want to look into that. As far as noise, there should not be any as long as they are installed correctly. As far as performance goes, I recently put 3:73's in my 94 gt and now I can't believe that I lived so long without them...it is a great mod if you have the money.

Ross

Reply to
Ross Ondrusek