'66 Hazard Flasher

I was cruising through my new Mustangs Unlimited catalog tonight, and came across something interesting; an emergency flasher switch for a late '66. Seemed to be an add-on part, possibly to meet new federal regs??? Not being a Mustang expert (like Bill is), I wondered exactly how this was wired in.

The picture in the catalog only shows a little toggle switch on a small panel. Looks like it's designed to bolt to the bottom lip of the dash. Behind the toggle there's something with spade connectors; can't tell if it's the switch body or some kind of flasher. There's no wiring diagram to go with it.

Reply to
.boB

Hey Bob,

The flasher unit gets mounted in the glove box (top lip, left hand side), gets wired with the flasher module itself, and the main wiring harness.

Bill S.

Boycott horsepowered.com and it's parent company 2playcorp.com for editing or deleting posts/threads that do not originate from their forum.

.boB wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Sorry, my fault, I should have been more specific. How is it wired? I'm building a Factory Five Cobra, and I wondered if this switch could be easily integrated into the Painles Wiring harness. The turn signal switch is a simple ON-OFF-ON, with no provisions for a hazard system. There are some "black boxes" you can build to create the hazard system. But if this simple switch can be used instead, it could be worthwhile.

Reply to
.boB

Nope, as you do not have the hazard wiring installed unless your painless wiring kit came with it. Or are you using a donor wiring harness?? In which case, you can indeed use a simple toggle style switch to turn on and off the hazards.

Bill S.

Boycott horsepowered.com and it's parent company 2playcorp.com for editing or deleting posts/threads that do not originate from their forum.

.boB wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanx, Bill, that was what I was looking for. I don't think I want to go through the hassle of wiring hazard lights on my Painless harness.

Reply to
.boB

No problem Bob.

Bill S.

Boycott horsepowered.com and it's parent company 2playcorp.com for editing or deleting posts/threads that do not originate from their forum.

.boB wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

What address for this catalog or Catalogue.

Reply to
Ron Provost

Mustang_66