New Radio in a 94 Primera

Ahoy hoy there,

I've just fitted a new Clarion radio to my 1994 Nissan Primera. It was great fun. I got an ISO to Nissan Wiring Harness adapter from Halfords, and when the radio was plugged in, I couldn't get it switch on, and the aerial kept going up of its own accord.

I thought the adapter was wired wrong so rewired it, but still the aerial went up, and still the radio wouldn't turn on.

After much trial and error and realising there was no ground lead on the Nissan Wiring Harness, I realised the radio has to ground by the chassis through the dash, that I was pressing the wrong button to turn the radio on, and that the automatic aerial sorts itself out once the radio has "calibrated" itself.

Bit annoyed by the lack of ground lead on the Nissan Wiring Harness, because unless you disconnect the battery, you get loads of sparks as you screw the radio into the dash.

Now, the few problems I have:

1) It appears the radio is sitting a little bit too high in the dash opening. This means I can't fit the surround bit to the radio. 2) There's also a gap around the outside... the original Nissan radio, had a foamy plasticy bit around the outside which fills in the gap. Anywhere I can get something similar? Im not good with my hands and making it. 3) The Nissan radio is a Diversity radio, this means its a two prong aerial connection, which obviously the new radio doesn't have. I've heard of those SCOSCHE (or whatever) connectors, that look like they might do the job, but being in the UK, I have not yet found anyone that will ship one of these leads to the UK.

Anyone know of anything different for me?

Cheers Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean