69 shelby side scoops: a study

I just tore all the interior out of my 69 coupe in prep for the big restoration. I noticed that it would be very very hard to make convertable 69 shelby side scoops functional with a rigid metal air duct. I do know that mustangs plus sells a 67 shelby side scoop air duct which is a flexible plastic hose (like a big old vacuum cleaner hose) that is plastic coated to make it water proof. I have read that

69 shelby side scoops were not functional. But there is a part supplier for thepaddock.com that sells "functional shelby side scoops" for 69. Are these an aftermarket miracle tonic that has to be 50% fabricated to make it work? and if so the only way to keep the rear window mechanism to use a flexible hose? Has anyone ever seen functional 69 shelby side scoops???
Reply to
Jack Napier

IMO the 'vert scoops aren't large enough to actually scoop much air. Functional scoops are neat but unless you intend the do some really hot lapping they aren't that practical on a street car. The fronts do most of the work so ducting the front brakes is a better idea. Doing a rear disk swap is money and time better spent if you asked me. '92 to '96 Crown Vic rear disks are a cheap swap for 8" and small bearing 9". StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet