9000 GT500s Will Be Produced

(Dearborn, Michigan) TheGT500Source.com - Ford Motor Company today told dealers today that they will produce 9,000 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustangs. The production number is higher than the 7,500-8,500 range, which was anticipated. TheGT500Source.com spoke with Ford this morning and was told that the GT500 would launch on-time. JOB1 is scheduled to begin on

05 June 2006. The cars should begin shipment to dealers in the last week of June.

Dealers are scheduled to receive their allocation numbers by the end of May and there will not be any restrictions as to how many coupe vs. convertible models will be made.

Reply to
NoOption5L

Amen to this. This might just keep the price a little above MSRP which would be very good indeed.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

And the MSRP is?

Reply to
Zombywoof

Near $40k for a coupe and $45k for a convertible.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

My asshole brother already has his. They gave it to him tuesday of last week.

Reply to
Brian Bunin

What did he pay, and how the hell did he get so high up on the list?

Reply to
Zombywoof

Does he work for Ford and get one as an eval unit or something? I thought build didn't start till June

Reply to
HerkyJerky

It's the internet... people just make things up.

Reply to
Brent P

Well that was my guess, but gave the benefit of doubt.

Reply to
Zombywoof

He paid $00,000 They GAVE him one.

Umm, I should mention that he's a Senior Engineer at Kelsey/Hayes/TRW/Whover they are today. He designs the braking systems. And he's the one that tests them at the track. He usually gets one of the preproduction models of watever he's working on for about 3-6 months; to take home.....

I hate my brother.

Reply to
Brian Bunin

Still doesn't seem right. And no 'senior engineer' would get to keep the goodies when there are layers of management above who would take it. Sounds more like 'gets to use it for a little while'. I doubt Ford allows preproduction models to get out that way officially.

The two companies I've worked for that made consumer product, engineers did not get units to keep. And these are relatively cheap things compared to cars. (think one to four hundred dollars each retail) Now at one company it was acceptable to scavange through the scrap parts and build a unit for yourself, provided you could cobble together enough working parts. The other it's acceptable to take things home over the weekend, try em out, but they must be returned.

Reply to
Brent P

Thou shouldn't really covet. Bad for the soul and all that.

Reply to
Zombywoof

I never said he gets to keep it. Just for a while. He drives it to work, so it's there everyday. And he lied to me. He only gets to keep the GT500 for two weeks. He got to keep the 2006 for almost 4 months, though!

snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Reply to
Brian Bunin

I think he should get that puppy to a dyno, pronto! :)

-- John C. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.