05s in Showrooms YET ???

Anyone spotted one yet at a their local Ford Dealer ??

Reply to
Katmandu

I heard that they pushed out the delivery to October now. Every dealer gets 2 each to start with.

Reply to
www.ttdown.com

As long as I'm hanging out at the local Ford dealer these days, I had myself put on the Hot Sheet. They promised to call me as soon as the 05's come in.

:()

Reply to
dwight

Where do you guys live? I just bought mine in Sacramento, CA. The dealer has at least 20 on the lot. :)

Reply to
Mark

Hope you didn't get a GT. Delivery has stopped due to a problem with cylinder heads.

Rein

The 2005s started coming off the line on Tuesday 7th. All are still on the factory grounds. None have been shipped. They have to go through a "certification for shipment" check before being sent to dealers. Don't know when that will happen. Earlier poster mentioned defects in heads on the new 3 valve version of the 4.6L V8. Apparently those cars already built with that engine will have to be worked on and fixed before shipment. Nobody can mess up the launch of a new car like the Ford Motor Co. can!

Reply to
joseph cugnini

Yeah, well buy a first model year Chrysler and then tell me that Fords messes up intros. At least Ford trys to fix the problem before they release a new vehicle.

Reply to
Neoisthe1

My dealer said my GT's heads may have a problem. He said to bring it back in two weeks and Ford will replace it with the latest 4 valve cobra engine for my trouble. It seems to be runnig great but I'm afraid it may break down so I'm not going too far with it.

Reply to
Mark

You know I'm kidding, right? :)

Reply to
Mark

Yep, nobody's got them yet. When they hit you will see tons of advertising. These babies won't creep unanounced into showrooms.

Reply to
Neoisthe1

I wonder if they'll sell over msrp. Unless of course they're all spoken for by preordering.

Mark

advertising.

Reply to
Mark

I predict the 05 will go over MSRP when they first hit the showroom. Just don't get your undies in a bunch, wait 6 months and get one at list.

Last day of the Jan about 2 hours before closing. Make em an offer and ask them how bad they want to improve the monthly sales figures.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was just plain MEAN!

| >> As long as I'm hanging out at the local Ford dealer these days, I had | >myself | >> put on the Hot Sheet. They promised to call me as soon as the 05's come | >in. | >>

| >> :() | >>

| | Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
SVTKate

Hehehehe! Me likes it... Me hates it.

Reply to
Mark

I picked this article upfrom "Blue Oval News" out of Dearborn. Thet are responsible for its content. Sources at one of Ford's engine plants told BlueOvalNews that Ford Motor Company has instructed assembly plants to stop shipping certain 2005 model year vehicles because they can contain defective 4.6L or 5.4L engines. BlueOvalNews was first altered to the problem after we received a news tip at the end of August. The products that can contain the defective engines include the 2005 Ford Mustang GT, 2005 F-Series, 2005 F-Series Super Duty, Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator. Ford has instructed the assembly plants to stop shipping vehicles until they are screened to see if they contain the defective engines. It is not known if any products were shipped to consumers before the problem was noticed.

The 2005 model year 4.6L and 5.4L engines in question were built with defective cylinder heads. According to sources, the defective cylinder heads will have an adverse effect on performance and will cause the engine to fail to meet Ford's specifications.

It's not immediately clear if Ford will replace the entire engine at the assembly plant or just replace the defective cylinder heads and approve the vehicle for shipment to customers.

A Team Mustang source told BlueOvalNews that a stop shipment order means that Ford won't ship GT Mustangs to dealers, but it doesn't mean that Ford will stop building Mustangs - they can still build V6 powered models until problems with the 4.6L engines are corrected. Further, even though Ford officially launched JOB1 of the Mustang today, shipments don't occur immediately. "Somewhere within two weeks after Job #1 we have an OK to ship meeting where all the upper management on the program proclaim the vehicle is OK to ship. . . .launching a new vehicle in a new plant can have its issues. That's just part of what a launch is all about.", said our source.

In what could prove to be the most devesting news; however, is that the Ford GT "40" is alleged to have cylinder heads that contain defects in the combustion chamber pocket area. According to sources, Ford is allegedly making design changes to the cylinder head and will create a new casting which is targeted for release by 01 January 2005. Rather than issue a recall for the Ford GT, Ford would most likely issue a TSB (technical service bulletin) and repair the vehicles only as needed. Look for an update on the GT heads at a later date.

Reply to
Mr. Ford

PHEW! Thank god I didn't have the 150K to buy one of THOSE!

Reply to
Eric Houkal

Too funny.

Reply to
Bob

Maybe it's time Ford asks somebody who can build engines how it's done?

Reply to
Richard