After 500 and 600 horsepower get mundane...

Okay, we know the current GT500 has 500 HP, the ZO6 has 505, the KR will have 540, the upcoming "Blue Devil" 'Vette will have 650+ and the "Super GT500KR" is also reported to be in the 600s. Now word is the Blue Devil's successor is going to climb to "about 700". Some are probably thinking, big deal... we'll never be fortunate enough to own any of these cars. Yea, you're probably right, but the thing is if all the "high-end cars" are going to 600-700 the "regular performance cars", the stuff we can afford/be lucky enough to own, will likely start pushing 500 or more.

Now let's hope gas prices don't go up to $5+ a gallon...

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

And the give us a decent driveline. 600 HP makes a lot of tire smoke:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I agree as the bar gets raised we all should benefit by hp increases. Just look at how it has effected non performance vehicles. As hp goes to insane levels and gas prices go up the trend will slow down perhaps even stop and other innovative ideas will come to place. Besides fuel costs as performance goes up safety must follow otherwise insurance will make it so ridiculous to own a car.

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

can't drive a 600 hp car around anyway, too easy to lose it.

Reply to
Noman Lapetos

What? They put that little peddle under your right foot for a reason, it goes all the way from idle to redline and anywhere in between depending on your input...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I drive mine. But it has a 4,000 converter. Kind of softens the jolt:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al