Air/ Fuel Ratio ?

I'm have a 88 5-Liter and i want to buy a air/fuel gauge. i have done some mods to the engine but i wanted to know what is the correct ratio?

RjA

88 LX 5-Liter 04 Cobra (weekend car)
Reply to
RjA

Michael Johnson, PE

Stoichiometric is 14.7 pounds of air to 1 pound of fuel...... for better performance rich is better, for better emissions stoich is better. While we discuss it, there is no sense in being rich at cruise since we aren't calling for more power. Rich (within reason) under WOT conditions are desirable.

Reply to
Jim Warman