Vehicle weight of a 1973 mustang?

Hey group,

Wondering if anyone has specifics on the listed weights of a 73 mustang?

Specifically a 1973 convertible with a 302-2bbl and auto transmission. Has a NASA hood and chrome wheels.

(pictures for those interested) Just getting specific just in case. Ballpark estimates are fine too, just looking for some general info, and I've searched EVERYWHERE online trying to find out.

Thanks!

- Nick

Reply to
nick

A 1973 Mustang convertible featuring a V-8 engine is listed at 3,216 lbs.

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

"nick" wrote

A Google search of "1971 Mustang weight" got me the following:

"1971 Mustang convertable, Pewter Metallic Silver, 460ish, C-6, 9"

3.50 Traction Lock, FRPP Cobra Jet Heads, Comp Cams roller cam, roller rockers and valve train, Hooker headers, MSD Pro Billit distibutor and Digital 6 Plus Ignition, Blue Thunder manifold, 850 DP Mighty Demon, Aeromotive fuel system. CSI Water Pump...more 1/4 Mile:11.92 MPH:115.40 60ft:1.84 Weight:3840 CID:460 Flywheel HP:540@5000 Torque:648@3500"

I know this is a 460 w/C6, which with aluminum heads and intake probably weighs 300-400 pounds more than an iron head/intake small block/C4.

Another hit, this one regarding '71's and '72's:

"SPECIFICATIONS Wheel base 109" Track f/r 61.5"/61.5" Height 50.1" Width 74.1" Length 189.51" Weight 3560lb.(351CJ)"

Here's another, specifically for the Boss 351:

"Curb Weight: 3560 lbs"

Of course Bosses and CJ's were Clevelands, which might be 200 lbs heavier than a 302. On the other hand, Bosses and CJ's were fastbacks, which might be a few pounds lighter than a vert.

Anyway, I couldn't believe it when you said you'd got no hits on the web. Maybe because you used "1973" in your search. I used "1971" instead and I got lots of hits.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Thanks for the replies guys.

180, the reason I didn't get the hits I was looking for was because I was looking for a factory weight...I guess I always figured restomods listing the weights of their cars weren't factory accurate at all...nonetheless, thanks for the help!

- Nick

Reply to
nick