Another question, GT axle for a v6

Damn, I hate to keep asking about axles. I was sure I'd have one in my v6 LAST summer, but I found only high priced, mystery axles that who
knows how many abusive miles were on them.
So, for only a few dollars more I'm going with NEW parts. My 2009 has 81k miles and I think she deserves a new one.
Here's my problem. Ford Racing has 2 assembled axles, one a 3.55 and the other is a 3.73.
The 3.55 is (M-4001-A355): <http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField “95> This will no doubt fit my v6 with no problem.
I'd rather have the 3.73 (M-4001-SVT373): <http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField 943

But I'm not sure it's a direct bolt on.
The FRPP 3.73 says it fits '05 - '13 GT, so It should bolt right up to my v6, Right? I was led to believe that the Boss 302 & Shelby GT axles would NOT work on a v6. This axle is for the Boss & Shelby.
For example, an email response I got from American Muscle implies no, it won't work on a v6. They didn't actually say no, they said I need to look into a GT take-off. Great, THAT was what I'm done doing.
What do you people think? I'll be happy with the 3.55, but I might be happier with the 3.73.
Thank you in advance. twk
--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.