Anyone wanna see the new ride?

Check out the Webshots site for pics. Decided to pass on the '93 Coupe. Too impractical for my current life :-)

So BMW it is. It's hard to believe that this car has as many miles onit as it does. Talk about build quality. This thing is as tight as the day it was born. Amazing road car.

Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

BMW keine Bauscheiße! StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

what's the ascii for flipping someone off..??? oh yea... FA_QUE Mikie!

Sheesh... beemer not a Mustang. *shaking her head* damn kids anyway.

wink*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Sigh.... I was hoping to find a last generation M3 or something. It is clean. What was the price on the notch?

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Did I hear this joke here? --

What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW driver?

A porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

Bob '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

Oh, goodie. Another BMW. A nice practical car. At least you got the year right.

Sucks to get old, eh, Mike?

dwight (Being a self-professed "car guy", I wish you well with whatever you drive, but... Woulda, coulda, shoulda.)

Reply to
dwight
****OUCH!!*****

| > Sheesh... beemer not a Mustang. *shaking her head* damn kids anyway. | >

| > wink* | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Well, it is a pretty thing... and it ought to run out pretty well.

How do you like it now that you've had it a few days? You gonna abandon us and go to the Beemer group now?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Too expensive. Funny thing is that for comparable years in the 5-10 year old range, the 5-series are cheaper. ??

Wouldn't have bought a 3 series anyway. Too small. After 6 months of ppouring my ass into that Talon, I wanted COMFORT. Call me old, call me a sell out, I don't care. This thing is schweet!

If he still has it, it can be bought for 4500.00. VERY worth it. He's the same guy I bought my T-Type from.

Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Yeah, I agree regarding that sterotype. Most are. I'm just a car enthusiast, not a BMW person. Actually, I'm a Mustang guy who happens to own a BMW at the moment. I actually despise that whole high dollar German car mentality.

Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Like a freakin' Lazy Boy on wheels that happens to handle very well.

Makes me smile every morning when I'm on the highway driving to school.

Have I ever? I've been through Mustangs, Buicks, Acuras, Jeeps, Mitsubishis, Explorers and now a BMW and I'm still here. Only group I participate in with the exception of the

Msg board.

Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Nice Bimmer, Mike! My dad has had several of the older 5-Series now and they run strong with well over 100,xxx miles on the clock. The only reasons he has ever gotten rid of one was to get another.

Of course, there's the one car that took out a 10-point buck at highway speeds. He was able to limp that one 5 miles down the highway afterward. Hellaciously strong cars. Hope you never have to prove that one to yourself. ;-)

Reply to
Tungsten

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TurboMike) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

Sweet ride, Mike. Best of luck with it. Hey, if you're old, what the hell does that make me? I ain't in the casket yet, and I can still whip a lot of you young punks' asses with my Strat/Marshall combo. ;)

Joe

Gracias :-)

184K and runs like new. Looks like about a 50,000 mile car.

Me too! It is a very solid car. It does that that "heavy car/small motor" feel too it around town but it's deceptive on the interstate. It's so damn smooth that you literally have no sense of speed. Plenty of power, just not a lot of torque. Quite worth the trade off though.

Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

I just feel old compared to a lot of the guys here...although most of the regs around here are my age and older. Patrick is late 30's, Steve is probably

32'ish, Dwight's older than dirt...and Joe...well, lets just not talk about it :-) Are ya sure the arthritis hasn't slowed them fingers down yet? :-)

By the way...where's SAMuel??

Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TurboMike) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m20.aol.com:

It's ok, Mike. After 50 you just don't care anymore. Everything's a lot more fun now.

So far so good. Being warm all the time helps.

Good freakin' question! We'll have to go look him up. His website used to be around somewhere...

Joe

Hey now Joe, I have a Les Paul/Peavy combo that wants to put a few words in edge-wise. :) What's been going on around here anyway? I've been so damn busy lately that I haven't even signed on in months. I finished up school about a year ago and I've been working like mad for not nearly enough money. The stang is doing just horsey, although I'm starting to get the slightest bit of weathering on the bumper right underneath the headlights, so when serious cash comes in I'm planning on a paint job. Mike, that's a sweet ride, I can't believe the miles. The dad had a little z3 for a while, actually still does, but that is turning into a volvo 'vert as soon as it comes in from that other continent. It's a handling beast, but quite small, even for us 5'9"ers (he's

6'1" and it's real funny to see him stuff into the thing. :)

Hope all is well guys, Sam

The Crotch Viper '95 GT

(former Modless Wonder #1) Boycott horsepowered.com and it's parent company 2playcorp.com.

Reply to
CrotchViper

Where did I get this reputation? I've only been here for ten years, ya punk.

dwight (within spittin' distance of being a 5.0 himself)

Reply to
dwight

Check out the Music page on my Webshots page. There are some pics of our lead player's Marshall Stuff. He's actually got two of those big 100 watt tube heads now. What for I'll never know!! It's total overkill.

It's even harder to believe when your driving too. Amazing build quality.

Hey Sam...glad to hear from you!!

Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

I'm thrilled actually. It's Calypso red :-)

It's had about two pages worth of recent maintenence done. It's good to go and what's cool is they are extremely easy to work on. Everything is well layed out and easy to get too. Parts are cheap via mail order as well. Planning a kick ass stereo install as we speak. What a great platform for it too! Went with an Alpine CDA-9830 MP3 deck as the old one I had went with the Talon. Still need to buy the Front stage speakers (MB Quart - Im sold) and rear fill and I'm set.

Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to