At it again with a Bronco Q

Cause alt.ford sucks! Help me out boys... winter is coming... I need help fast!

I just put a new battery in my Bronco. That was three days ago. Today, it's dead dead dead. Not even the radio will work and it won't jump either.

WTF? I need help fast. I need this truck to run!

Thanks!

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Mia

Did it lose power just sitting (a battery drain problem) or was it driven until the battery was dead (no output from alternator)?

Check the basics...tighten,clean,replace...even a battery cable that looks good may be internally corroded.

If you're looking for a battery draw(well I guess you'll need to get some voltage in it first), disconnect a battery cable, put a test light between it's lead and the battery post...then start pulling fuses until the light goes out. Also, unplug the alternator and regulator...they could be bad/shorted and drawing power too.

If there's no drain have the alternator checked....a decent parts store should have a tester.

thats what comes to mind.

Reply to
Dinsdale

You're a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks!

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Mia

Another thing, sometimes even a brand new battery does not have a full charge. If you have a weakened charging system and the new battery was not all the way up, it may have been the cause.

Hope you get 'er fixed! Let us know when you figure it out!

Kate

| >>Cause alt.ford sucks! Help me out boys... winter is coming... I need help | >>fast! | >>

| >>I just put a new battery in my Bronco. That was three days ago. Today, | >>it's dead dead dead. Not even the radio will work and it won't jump | >>either. | >>

| >>WTF? I need help fast. I need this truck to run! | >>

| >>Thanks! | >>

| >>Brad | >>

| > Did it lose power just sitting (a battery drain problem) or was it | > driven until the battery was dead (no output from alternator)? | >

| > Check the basics...tighten,clean,replace...even a battery cable that | > looks good may be internally corroded. | >

| > If you're looking for a battery draw(well I guess you'll need to get | > some voltage in it first), disconnect a battery cable, put a test | > light between it's lead and the battery post...then start pulling | > fuses until the light goes out. Also, unplug the alternator and | > regulator...they could be bad/shorted and drawing power too. | >

| > If there's no drain have the alternator checked....a decent parts | > store should have a tester. | >

| > thats what comes to mind. | | | You're a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks! | | Brad | |

Reply to
SVTKate

I will. Thanks.

Brad