2002 Dakota help?

Hi guys,

Just went to leave work and get in my truck, head to the gym then home. I get in my truck, it is dead...no clicking hardly any lights at all. Battery dead! I jump it, leave it run for a while, then it dies. Before it died, the light on the AC button was blinking and my radar detector and radio would cut out for a few seconds then start up, but the motor would stay running. Do you guys think my battery is beat or it just needs to be charged all day tomorrow? I have the tow package, so I guess I will need to larger batter if it is beat. What does the blinking AC light mean? I have never seen this before...I am sure someone will ask about the gas, I have plenty of gas in there. Thanks for your help.

Joe

Reply to
Joseph Arseneau

Time for a new battery. My '02 Dakota did the same thing 2 weeks ago. Also have the tow package so I had get a big battery too.

Reply to
Parnelli

I assume the battery is not under warranty? I think this is a bit abnormal, as the truck never was turning over slowly or the lights dim or anything? Just seemed to take me by surprise. Thanks

Reply to
Joseph Arseneau

I think the battery falls under the 3yr/36,000mi part of the warranty? So mine was a no go, I called the dealer and asked. I agree that it died a little early. Mine also gave absolutely no warning. It was just dead. You could jump it and it'd fire right up. As soon as you disconnected the jumper cables it would die at idle. I'm just glad mine died in September and not in January when it was cold and snowing. Funny thing was it happened in the exact same parking spot where the battery in my old truck died 6 years ago.

Reply to
Parnelli

come on guys no more doom, I'm in my 02 dak with tow pkg and 1000 kms from home and the rockies to cross in 3 days, hope mine doesn't bail in some mtn pass .... ron

Reply to
Ron