Auction Observation about a Mustang

At Hershey in October they also had an auction going on. In the evening my brother and I wander through the cars for sale and we spent some time watching the auction.

I saw a regular 68 (or 67) coupe 'sell' for $30,000. I figured this car must be something and I did not hear the specifics on the car so I was guessing big block.

Well I was looking at the cars in the tent and they were bringing the cars back in from the auction and I see the Mustang roll in. So I wander over to see why it was a $30,000 car.

Well I was not too impressed with the bodywork from a distance I could see the waves down the side and one the hood. Then I got closer and could see the pitted frames around the vent and rear windows. Then I notice it is just a 302 under the hood. It had all the standard rust repairs poorly installed.

Clearly something was amiss here and I do not know what I was missing. I have to assume someone just paid way too much for a car.

So the next time you are watching Barrett Jackson keep this in mind.

Reply to
DellDude

Did it look anything like this?

;)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Looks like a front wheel drive Mustang to me.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:14:13 -0800, Garth Almgren wrote something wonderfully witty:

Is that an outake from Bullit?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Not an outtake, but a screenshot from the part where McQueen overshot the corner.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Heh, I never noticed, but it does look like that. That's funny!

As I just wrote in reply to ZombyWoof, that's just McQueen doing some

*serious* braking because he overshot the turn.

If anyone is interested, I've got more screenshots of the Bullitt chase at

Garth Almgren

No,

Saddly it was just a coupe.

I didnt really notice, but maybe some smoke came out the exhaust.

Reply to
DellDude