93 Cobra R...wow

Check out this Auto Trader Classic online ad for a 1993 Cobra R... the price is, well....insane???

1993 FORD MUSTANG , Cobra R, #51 of 107 built, 458 original miles, has factory plastic on seats/carpet/steering wheel, kept in climate contolled storage, 100% perfect/stock, has grease pen markings from assembly line, comes with lots of documentation, including svt certificate, original window sticker, $100,000 OBO
Reply to
Brad and Karen

That doesn't sound at all insane to me. This was a collectible the day it was built, and it's been kept in stasis for 15 years. With the current economy, it's a hell of a time to bring it out, but that may be the reason that it IS coming out at this time.

The starting point of $100K is not unreasonable to me. I would start by asking the moon and then settle on the best offer, of course. But putting it up for sale with an asking price of $50K - that would be insane.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Agreed... doesn't sound to insane either... hey, if he can get 100K for it, more power to him! I'm sure there are at least a couple people out there that would being willing to drop that kind of coin on it...

There was a Grand National on e-bay not to long ago, that was in the same price range... it was still brand new! In fact it had never been titled from the dealership...

Reply to
John S.

I frequently watch the Barrett-Jackson auto auctions on Speed TV (cable), and it wouldn't surprise me if the starting bid on this vehicle was 100K. Lots of folks with lots of money attend these auctions, and it's not unusual to see one person buying several cars and spending upwards of

500K in an evening. When I win the lottery ... :-) Dick
Reply to
Dick R.

I've heard that the alcohol at Barrett-Jackson helps loosen the wallets a bit too! LOL! And people do get so caught up in bidding... heck, i know I do at the local fund raisers.... Friend of mine who attend the BJ auto auctions talked to a couple winning bidders... they admit that they had spent more than they had planned...

Reply to
John S.

Recession? What recession? Notable sales in 2008:

$7,920,000 -- 1937 Bugatti Type 57SC Atalante Coup=E9 -- August 2008 --

$9,400,000 -- 1962 Ferrari 330 TRI/LM Testa Rossa -- May 2008 --
$10,894,900 -- 1961 Ferrari California Spyder -- May 2008 --

$28,700,000 -- 1963 Ferrari GTO -- September 2008 --

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

ice is, well....insane???

ctory plastic on seats/carpet/steering wheel, kept in climate contolled sto= rage, 100% perfect/stock, has grease pen markings from assembly line, comes= with lots of documentation, including svt certificate, original window sti= cker, $100,000 OBO

I have to ask. After you spend a 100 grand on this thing, what do you do with it?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Sell it for a profit to the next sucker.

Reply to
Frank ess

I have to ask. After you spend a 100 grand on this thing, what do you do with it?

Anything you want,...............except drive it. : ( That's just sad.

Reply to
John C.

is, well....insane???

factory plastic on seats/carpet/steering wheel, kept in climate contolled storage, 100% perfect/stock, has grease pen markings from assembly line, comes with lots of documentation, including svt certificate, original window sticker, $100,000 OBO

Goto your local drag strip and rawhide the piss out of it!!

Reply to
WindsorFo

AFTER you goto the local drag strip and rawhide the piss out of it!!

Reply to
WindsorFo

Exactly my point to begin with. It's a life sized model. I have a 93 Cobra with 48,000 hard miles on it. It sits in the garage all winter and I can't wait to get it out every summer. A collector would buy this car but a Mustang lover wouldn't (to just let it sit).

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Karen

When ya got that much change for a collector car you've got money for a "driver" , for that matter probably several modded driver cars to beat the snot out of. That's how collectors keep the collector cars pristine, they have other toys to get the need for speed out on. And they sell / swap them out for new ones too.......

I have to ask. After you spend a 100 grand on this thing, what do you do with it?

Patrick

Reply to
Repairman54

Final judgment. Leave this R for the ones who have more dollars than sense. Give me the R that's maybe been raced a few times, has some bugs in the radiator, a few stone chips on the front of the hood and has racked up about 60,000-80,000 miles on the odometer. I'd take good care of it, but I'd drive it every chance I had.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Why choose an R code at all unless you actually do have investment in your mind somewhere?

Reply to
WindsorFo

To drive something unique that has a great philosophy behind it.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Pfffff. I'd rather have a radio....

Reply to
WindsorFo

No way. If I had this car, it'd have 20,000 miles on it by Xmas - most of them above 4,000rpm.

Brad and Karen

That's what I talking about!

Now I can see protecting a car from the elements (salt, snow and some rain) and maybe not use it as an "everyday car" but to store it away as some sort of artwork is a joke, IMO. Life's too short, enjoy the/ your ride.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L