Bad gas mileage.. running rich..

My stangs been getting pretty crappy gas mileage.. 15-18 mpg tops. I just had it in the shop, they replaced the IRCM's which I thought would fix the problem but didnt seem to do much. Its blowing alittle smoke on acceleration and smells real rich. What should I try first? O2 sensors? Someone told me to just replace the 2 before the cat. Is that true? Thanks for any help,

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

My 89 F250 started behaving the same. It turned out the fuel pressure regulator went Tango Uniform. Full pressure from the pump makes the engine run just a wee bit rich. :)

Check that before you go too far.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner