big problem

hey i own a 2000 mustang and out of nowhere everytime my car moves a loud metal slamming sound happens and you can feel the impact inside the car. it reminds me of puttin baseball cards in the spokes of your bike, it sounds like a train on train tracks. i have no clue what's wrong with it. i looked under the car myself and can't see any damage, the calipers are on tight, my brake pads were just replaced so i don't think its the brakes, if anyone knows what it might be or thinks they might have an idea please tell, i need help and i love my mustang.

Reply to
syco

Does the noise speed up or slow down as the car speeds up or slows down? What happens when the car is moving and you apply the brakes? Sounds brake related and the fact that you have just had the pads replaced makes it seem even more possible. Who did the pads? Is that all they did? Does the feel of the noise come from the front or rear? Please be as descriptive as possible. Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks

syco opined

Who replaced the pads, did it start then?

You are missing something

And if you can feel it in the car, dont drive the damn thing till you fix it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Someone played a mean trick on a friend of mine once. Sounded just like that. What they did was take a big tie-strap and wrapped it around the driveshaft. As the driveshaft would spin the plastic tie-strap would bang up against the bottom of the car making the car sound and feel like it was falling apart. Check your driveshaft just in case someone is playing a trick or maybe something got stuck on it. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Reply to
mustangjoe

OMFG!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

I am SO gonna save that one for one or more of my kids!

Kate

| | | Someone played a mean trick on a friend of mine once. Sounded just like | that. What they did was take a big tie-strap and wrapped it around the | driveshaft. As the driveshaft would spin the plastic tie-strap would | bang up against the bottom of the car making the car sound and feel like | it was falling apart. Check your driveshaft just in case someone is | playing a trick or maybe something got stuck on it. | Erik D. | '94 white lightning | '01 white GT |

Reply to
SVTKate