Question about How to fasten old Ford windows?

Hi, I would like to know what are people doing to fasten the front door L/r window to the Bottom part track? I am talking about 68/69 Ford. I see old rubber in there. Thanks for all the ideas, Dave.

Reply to
ledpeddle

One option for 69s, is using 70 windows (if you can find a set). They bolted directly up to the glass channels instead of rubber or glue. Years ago I remember the glass shop sold me some material that resembled cork insulating tape, that wedged between the glass and channel. I installed it and the window stayed secured for a good while, but eventually worked loose again. You may want to check with a glass shop and get their professional opinion...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:43:18 -0500, ledpeddle rearranged some electrons to form:

That "rubber" is what they call glass setting tape. Go to an auto glass shop, they will probably give you some.

Reply to
David M

I do believe 3M or somebody has in recent years come out with a superior glass-to-metal adhesive that some restorers have used for this purpose. I should look into this further as several of mine come under this category.

Reply to
CobraJet

Don't be upset if they want a couple of buck or so, either.... When I had my own shop folks expected me to buy wire by the roll so I could give it away by the foot. Not a sound business practice.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks all for your very good input.

Reply to
ledpeddle

Is there anything you are not bitter about?

Jim Warman wrote:

Reply to
cprice