Brake caliper bolts too tight

You must be joking. This is a *common* problem. Talk to more mechanics and you'll see.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

YOU obviously have your head up your ass and have no idea what you are talking about.

Kate

2O|||||||O5 Liberty

: : : You obviously don't own Snap-On tools or use them professionally....

Reply to
SVTKate

: >Waiting a week to see the jobber IS a pain though, I can agree with Brent on : >that one. : >-- : >Kate : >2O|||||||O5 Liberty : : I don't think that he's the only person that has had trouble with : SnapOn, Mac, and others tool truck purchases. When I worked in a : machine shop I'd regularly break tools from the above companies and it : can be a hassle to get replacements. The biggest excuse was always I : don't have that (insert tool here) in a single and I'm not breaking : that set, wait until next week.

Well, the guy that used to call on our shop and that my husband dealt with was something special then because he was always right on the spot and if you needed something he would make a detour on his route to get it to you.

I suppose that jobbers are like any other customer service rep. Some are good, some bad.

: Have you seen the blue titanium coated ratchets that Craftsman is : peddling lately. Very too posh, and almost too pretty to use by the : looks of them.

Nope, there are four too chests in the shop now full, surely there isn't a spot to put another thing. Do you think that that big lettering that they are putting on the Craftsman tools nowadays will rub off?

And for the record. Hub's tools are all Snap On. My two chests are nearly all Craftsman. I'm just the girl and all that. They all seem to work fine, but his have done some serious work for many years he is a 30 year, professional, heavy duty mechanic.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Look, get off my ass dillweed.

Kate

2O|||||||O5 Liberty

: > Waiting a week to see the jobber IS a pain though, I can agree with Brent on : > that one. : : : You must be joking. This is a *common* problem. Talk to more mechanics : and you'll see. : : Cheers,

Reply to
SVTKate

The 1/2" breaker bar or the going to the gym part? :)

Reply to
cprice

Oh please....spare me the indignation. If you had any real contact with folks that actually USE these tools for a living, there is no way you could make that comment.

Cheers,

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Ritz

Dillweed? Is that the best you can do? Your high school English teacher must be so proud....

*shrug*

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Ritz

I have never worked anywhere a snap on guy comes around to. Thusly their tools have been more or less unavailable too me. The few snap on tools I have were my grandfather's and they are pretty much speciality type things that won't get much use. (yes I know they started online sales some years ago, tools just aren't something I buy online I guess) So I've always gone to sears or other places for something in particular. I don't like the way sears is headed. I had to have rachets replaced a couple years back, they had other rachets available. I think they may have been remans, like it was a water pump. The adjustable wrench I broke they replaced. Same with a screw driver. Haven't busted or wore out anything recently.

Reply to
Brent P

I will never be amazed with how corporate executives cannot see the obvious coming again. It seems par for the course.

Reply to
Brent P

I will not try to justify my posts by offering up a history of my life's experience nor will I be goaded into playing your game.

Reply to
SVTKate

I'm not goading you. I simply don't think your comment was accurate. You responded with 2 rather childish "insults" (if you can even call them that) rather than try to refute what I said. And when called on that, you offer the above missive. So let's see if I can get this straight...your response to me saying you're wrong was:

  1. Call me names. (cute)
  2. Refuse to elaborate on why you think you're right.

So I hope you'll pardon my lack of confidence in any future postings from you.

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Ritz

: > I will not try to justify my posts by offering up a history of my life's : > experience nor will I be goaded into playing your game : : : I'm not goading you. I simply don't think your comment was accurate. : You responded with 2 rather childish "insults" (if you can even call : them that) rather than try to refute what I said. And when called on : that, you offer the above missive. So let's see if I can get this : straight...your response to me saying you're wrong was: : : 1. Call me names. (cute) : 2. Refuse to elaborate on why you think you're right. : : So I hope you'll pardon my lack of confidence in any future postings : from you. : : Have a nice day.

I have, thank you. It has been quite a nice day.

Reply to
SVTKate

SVTKate wrote: : I'm not goading you. I simply don't think your comment was accurate.

Of course, it's your perogative to duck the question. That speaks volumes. I'll not mention it again.

*shrug*

Nice day here in CT too.

Cheers,

Reply to