Brake confusion???

I'm thinking of upgrading the brakes on my '96. But I am not sure what is best. I hear drilled and even slotted can crack. And both give less contact
with the caliper and pad, obviously. It was suggested to me that I find the best plain faced rotor available (whatever that might be?) with some good pads. I have quiet stop pads on now, but I really can't give opinions on them as my brakes are just awful.
What are some good, fairly cheap brake kits? Price? Is the Bullitt kit any good? FYI, I'm not against buying individual components either.
Any advice is appreciated! Thanks all!!
Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS
Thanks, Serge. What do you think of stainless steel hoses, or are braided hoses the same thing?
I do want to replace my calipers, too. I painted them silver about a month ago, and the paint started to harden so one of the calipers looks ridiculous. :-( And I suspect I might have a cracked caliper...
Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS http://www.erikssonstunnbrod.se/stang/home.htm

is
good
on
any

Cindy, If you want to stay with the 11" front brake setup go with a set of the aluminum dual piston PBR's that are on the 99+ cars. This will offer a lighter caliper that has a larger clamping force area which will be an improvement over the stock 94-98 cast single piston calipers. If you want to go larger, the 13" Cobra and Bullitt brake setup from Jim at PPI (Mustangparts.com) for $400 is an excellent deal. I am running the Bullitt kit on our 97 and couldn't be happier.The kit includes both new calipers, rotors, and hoses.
TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM http://www.PonyPerformance.com

lighter
over
at PPI

kit
rotors,
I did the PBR switch to my 95 GT and the brakes have never felt right since. The pedal is really soft like there is air in the line (which there isn't). Any idea as to why? I was wondering if the dual piston setup takes more fluid than the single piston units which would require a master cylinder change. I also added the braided lines so its not a rubber line swelling. Since my car has ABS could that be messing it up? With ABS disabled due to a bad sensor I could lock up the fronts with the stock brakes, but there is no way I can do that with the PBR setup. (I have since replaced the abs wheel sensor). I wish I had waited till I got my 17" rims and went straight to the bullitt/cobra setup.
MadDAWG

lighter
over
Nah.
at PPI

kit
rotors,
This is most likely what I will buy. Only problem is I may have to wait until after I have replaced my cracked windshield. :-(
Thanks, Tim.
Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS