Cheapest gas in five years...

In Canada and the U.S., anyway. Crank up the cars, if you've still got a job!

Rich

I bought regular unleaded for $1.599 this week in Lake Jackson, TX!

Reply to
John

Regular for $1.599 is great, but as T. Boone Pickett said this morning on TV. Oil consistently goes up and down, In the '70's it went up, we got the Vega and the Pinto, then it went back down and we got bigger cars, in the 80's it rose, we cinched out belts, and when it went back down, we got a 4WD in most driveways, in the 90's when it rose, we all bought Toyota's and Nissans, when it went back down, we got the SUV, in this decade, it rose to record highs, we are now facing a critical time. Do we stay the course for alternative solutions, or do we all go buy a Hummer, an Escalade, or a "sports guzzler" to celebrate the fall of regular to less than $2 a gallon ???

He predicted that in 10 years, (that's in 2018) oil will be $250 to $300 a barrel. If that happens, $4 a gallon will seem like a bargain. Now is the time to start preparing for the future, Ford talks about turbocharging their smaller engines, We've got multi-displacement engines, some hybrid vehicles, but they all still use gas. If we're going to be able to drive our Mustangs in 10 years, we have got to all push for alternative sources to power our "day to day" vehicles so we can still enjoy the sports cars we now own or that evolve in the future.

I guess what I'm saying is that now is NOT the time to rest on our "laurels" (or our asses) and be "thankful" that gas is back down to "record lows" It ain't gonna stay like this for very long before we face another year like we just are finishing.

Solutions??? I dont have the answer, I guess I'm part of the problem with my Mustang, but we just bought an Escape Hybrid, not nearly as much fun to drive, but it is amazing to get 30+ MPG in town in something that size.

Now, what were they saying about that electric Mustang with 600 HP???? :o)

Reply to
notme

If I could buy a kit that would allow me to switch as I desired, I'd install it in a second. Where I am though we have lots of access to NG and the local utility has a lot of company cars that run in it.

Reply to
WindsorFo