CobraJet's vs GT40Patrick's

Backwards? That's not my perception. Patrick definitely knows more about this stuff than me, but CJ is on a higher level than that. Could CJ be creating all that information and responses by sitting in front of his Mac with a stack of magazines and books by his side and not having "walked the walk", in essence, creating his CJ persona? I don't think so. Again, my perception.

Reply to
John

lol

I hope I'm not doing that after tomorrow's race. I'm doing 13.1. Last year I made it in 1:48. This year I'm shooting for 1:30s. Not sure if my old body will get me there, but we'll find out.

(Any runners in this NG?)

For those not in to running, or can't run, walking is a good substitute. The main thing is just being active.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Reply to
CobraJet

It's a riot, isn't it? I've worked and played in an automotive environment all my life, and now I get a dropout lawyer and a nurse trying to cast the Fickle Finger upon me. And that list of Patrick's "achievements" had me laughing for hours last night. Gosh, what a HARDCORE wrencher! BWAHAHAHA!

Reply to
CobraJet

I was, of course, making fun of myself.

Reply to
Wound Up

I still park way out in the hinterlands. Does that count?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Want to know what's really funny? So far, you've been nothing but talk, which is quickly going to be labeled bullshit if you don't pony up soon.

You have a digital camera... here's another to-do list:

1) Let's see pics of all the claimed old car magazines you own. Thousand some pounds, right? We've been hearing you brag about them now for 6-7 years, let's see 'em. 2) Give us some pics of this 20 whatever number of classics of yours. SURELY, a "master mechanic/gearhead" like yourself has to have AT LEAST A FEW of these babies cherried out. (Right, folks?) Show us... and stick your ugly mug in a few of these pics too. 3) You don't even need a camera for this last one. Post your automotive expirience.

Yeah, that tends to happen when someone claims and claims and claims and talks and talks and talks, but never produces. And so far in your

8 years of Usenet, you've produced a big goose egg... Z E R O. Cars, magazines, timeslips everything so far has been nothing but talk. I want to see proof of your impressive automotive skills/expirience. I want to see links to stuff that's on the same level as Bill S' stuff. Again, a seasoned mechanic like you HAS to own some impressive looking rides, I'd think.

Dude, the joke is on you, or should I say *is* you. I never claimed to be a "hardcore wrencher", YOU did! (I swear you're losing brain function.) I only listed what I've had expirience with. It was a no BULLSHIT list. I could have lied and trumped up an impressive list, but I didn't. I'm honest. That's all the expirience I have, I make no excuses, nor do I feel bad about it.

Now it's your turn. Come on big guy... step up the plate. Are going to swing and hit it out of the park, or are you going to give us more wind?

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Here's another pitch... a nice slow one right over the plate.

Why would a "master mechanic/gearhead", like you proclaim to be, be reduced to a lifetime of doing radio installs?

Go ahead, Casey... take a swing at that one.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Running sucks. I like internal combustion. If it doesn't have a motor, I'm not interested. I ride dirt bikes and they say motocross riders are some of the most fit athletes in the world.

Reply to
Merc

Merc,

They have to be some of the most fit athletes to compete. It isn't that competing makes them fit.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Hearing voices in your head again? I bet you can get some fine narcs in that hospital you work at.

Reply to
CobraJet

Once. Panic? Don't flatter yourself.

And just yell "FIRE" in a movie theater to prove this point.

Reply to
Wound Up

Jerry Orbach is dead now, yet I still see new work on TV. Which way do the geese fly when it snows in March?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Does clearing brush count?

| > (Any runners in this NG?) | >

| > For those not in to running, or can't run, walking is a good | > substitute. The main thing is just being active. | >

| > Patrick | > '93 Cobra | | I still park way out in the hinterlands. Does that count? | | dwight | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Technician? Is that what I became after changing MAF and 02 sensors? Argh. I'll stick to gearhead.

No, I point out bullshit, like that which spewed from JD and BJ and you claiming it was a female that you had over for Valentine's din-din.

You like Patrick's butt, don't you? Familiar territory?

Reply to
CobraJet

You have a brain hiccup. First, you have replied to this portion of the post twice. Second, I have similar but slightly different emails from you sent at 12:19 and 12:20 pm yesterday. You really need to get the right dosage dialed in.

Reply to
CobraJet

Those are the lyrics from "Warm Leatherette", released by The Normal in February of 1979, thus predating our tortured friend Morrisey *and* the Goth movement. I thought it appropriate for a Sat nite. "Fasten your seat belts", y'all.

Reply to
CobraJet

(Hic)

Hmm. Maybe I have 180's double send button malfunction, or something like it. Gotta look in the DSM...

Hmm. Perhaps I am similarly affilicted as 180, with his double send button malfunction. Maybe it's even been documented in the DSM!

Reply to
Wound Up

What, you own a Talon?

Reply to
CobraJet

It was. Synaptic misfires abound. I missed the entire point to boot!

Deep in the terrible gibberish, I find a clue... "...my bottle of Captain and my two cases of beer today."

There was a strange Jeep in the driveway, and newly familiar faces shambling through the house today, apologizing for "the mess on the patio".

Reply to
Wound Up